Forget the polls, forget the commercials; at this point, it’s likely neither will matter. Now it is down to two simple things: the candidates’ ground games, and the Make Believe Media (MBM).
The MBM is heavily invested in dragging the Unicorn King across the finish line. And they are starting to panic. If you tune in to MSNBC, the desperation practically leaps off the screen as Maddow, Crazy Larry, Schultz, and the channel’s indisputable chief raving nutter, Chris Matthews, get crazier by the day when launching assaults against Romney, Ryan, Republicans in general… anyone they and their Moonbat audience considers enemies standing against the Lightbringer continuing his reign.
These last days of the campaign are going to be complete slash and burn politics, because there is absolutely nothing the Unicorn King and his courtiers can use to defend his tenure. On the stump, Obama is reduced to juvenile taunts like “Romnesia!”, or the Four B’s of the Debate Apocalypse: “Big Bird! Binders! Bayonets!” All that kinda shit does is give the Stupid Party fodder to slap together adverts like this:
President Obama sat for an interview with Rolling Stone for next month’s issue and Playbook has the first look at the story by Douglas Brinkley:
“We arrived at the Oval Office for our 45-minute interview … on the morning of October 11th. … As we left the Oval Office, executive editor Eric Bates told Obama that he had asked his six-year-old if there was anything she wanted him to say to the president. … [S]he said, ‘Tell him: You can do it.’ Obama grinned. … ‘You know, kids have good instincts,’ Obama offered. ‘They look at the other guy and say, “Well, that’s a bullsh—er, I can tell.”’”
If you click over and read the headline at Politico, you can see how desperate they are to defend their Messiah… Drudge, of course, filled in the blank, and placed it on the top of the page.
Because he has nothing on his Presidential résumé he can brag about, he’s reduced to low-rent trash talking. He’s gotten so used to people in the MBM covering for him; attacking any perceived adversary, he cannot understand how Romney is even still standing, never mind in a dead heat with with the Unicorn King heading into the final week. And it’s making him lose his “cool” (itself a media-spawned construct).
And the MBM knows this. So they are going to start hurling every fucking “Squirrel!” they can find to try slowing Romney’s “Mitt-mentum!” going into these final days, no matter the cost to their already paper-thin reputations. Up in Boston, the malignant Old Gray Lady’s bastard step-kid, in tandem with celebrity bitch/media whore Gloria Allred, tried applying Obama’s own patented sleazoid campaign tactic–get divorced papers unsealed–but it blew up in their face.
And of course, Romney’s religion is targeted, too. Nothing is too low when it comes to keeping the Unicorn King on the throne….
- Obama: Kids Can Tell Romney’s A ‘Bulls****er’ (nationalreview.com)
- Bullshitter In Chief Calls The Other Guy a Bullshitter (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s Potty Mouth – Obama calls Romney a ‘bullsh****r’ in Rolling Stone interview (itmakessenseblog.com)
- Of Gimlet Eyes and Professional Lies
- New Tone… Obama Says Mitt Romney’s a “Bullsh*tter” (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Obama: Romney is a “Bullshitter” (whitehousedossier.com)
- Obama says kids know Romney is dishonest (politico.com)
- President Obama: Romney’s A ‘Bullsh*tter’ (redalexandriava.com)
- Media Battlezone: “Damn the Torpedos; Defend the Narrative!” (leatherpenguin.com)
- Media Battlezone: “Everybody Ready? PIVOT!” (leatherpenguin.com)
- Media Battlezone: Romney(!) in Crosshairs Following Islamist Attacks (leatherpenguin.com)