Sorry, media whores Allred and Trump; whatever you were planning to spring doesn’t matter anymore. This, however, is something the Make Believe Media (MBM) simply cannot ignore… right?
Officials at the White House and State Department were advised two hours after attackers assaulted the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, on September 11 that an Islamic militant group had claimed credit for the attack, official emails show.
The emails, obtained by Reuters from government sources not connected with U.S. spy agencies or the State Department and who requested anonymity, specifically mention that the Libyan group called Ansar al-Sharia had asserted responsibility for the attacks.
While officials did mention the possible involvement of “extremists,” they did not lay blame on any specific militant groups or possible links to al Qaeda or its affiliates until intelligence officials publicly alleged that on September 28.
There were indications that extremists with possible al Qaeda connections were involved, but also evidence that the attacks could have erupted spontaneously, they said, adding that government experts wanted to be cautious about pointing fingers prematurely.
U.S. intelligence officials have emphasized since shortly after the attack that early intelligence reporting about the attack was mixed.
Spokesmen for the White House and State Department had no immediate response to requests for comments on the emails.
This destroys the Unicorn King’s ever changing explanations for the attack on the Benghazi compound that left the American Ambassador assassinated and three others dead. Not just that they used that ridiculous YouTube clip excuse–that was doomed to crash around their ears, as anyone following the story from Day One could have told you. The evolving “when did you know it was a terrorist attack, and not a “spontaneous” riot?” aspect is damaging enough, and by itself could have cost Obama the White House, but the release of these e-mails, I believe, changes everything. They knew, within hours, that it was a terrorist attack, and the al Qaeda group behind it were bragging about it.
The reason I think these leaked e-mails are so big? The change in the status of the Benghazi compound where those four Americans were killed. It was not a “consulate,” as the administration continues to call it, and that helps explain why the Unicorn King refuses to come clean about what happened in Benghazi….
Once Moammar Gadhafi was overthrown, Stevens was appointed ambassador to the new Libya run by Mr. Belhadj and his friends. Not surprisingly, one of the most important priorities for someone in that position would be to try to find and secure the immense amount of armaments that had been cached by the dictator around the country and systematically looted during and after the revolution.
One of the places in Libya most awash with such weapons in the most dangerous of hands is Benghazi. It now appears that Stevens was there — on a particularly risky day, with no security to speak of and despite now copiously documented concerns about his own safety and that of his subordinates — for another priority mission: sending arms recovered from the former regime’s stocks to the “opposition” in Syria. As in Libya, the insurgents are known to include al Qaeda and other Shariah-supremacist groups, including none other than Abdelhakim Belhadj.
Fox News has chronicled how the Al Entisar, a Libyan-flagged vessel carrying 400 tons of cargo, docked on Sept. 6 in the Turkish port of Iskenderun. It reportedly supplied both humanitarian assistance and arms — including deadly SA-7 man-portable surface-to-air missiles — apparently destined for Islamists, again including al Qaeda elements, in Syria.
What cries out for further investigation — and debate in the remaining days of this presidential election — is whether this shipment was part of a larger covert Obama effort to transfer weapons to our enemies that could make the Iran-Contra scandal, to say nothing of Operation Fast and Furious, pale by comparison.
Considering the corrupt, duplicitous, lawless way this administration operates, I can easily believe Frank Gaffney’s hit the nail squarely on the head. Gaffney’s scenario explains a couple of the biggest–and as yet unexplained–holes in the administration’s story:
- Why was security so lax? Cheryl Lamb’s testimony about “normalizing” security never made sense, considering there were hundreds of “security incidents” recorded in the previous year, to the point that the Brits and the Red Cross pulled their people out of Benghazi.
- Why was the Turkish diplomat there? It’s a question no one in the MBM is asking.
- Why were Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty there? The retired SEALs were not part of the compound’s security detail. They were working for the CIA, allegedly tasked to “track down” the tens of thousands of missiles that had gone missing after Gaddafi’s fall.
We’re not talking about losing an election anymore….
- BOMBSHELL: Obama Admin. Was Likely Running Arms To Islamic Jihadists Through Benghazi (5440fight.com)
- Benghazigate: Was Obama gun-walking arms to jihadists? (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Arms Flow to Syria May Be Behind Benghazi Cover-Up (papundits.wordpress.com)
- The Real Reason Behind Benghazigate? (counterjihadreport.com)
- Newly discovered e-mails raise more questions for Obama about Benghazi – Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion.
- White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack: emails | Reuters (reuters.com)
- Reuters: White House, State Dep’t received e-mails within two hours of Benghazi attack about jihadi group taking credit (hotair.com)
- Libya Attack Emails: White House Told Of Militant Claim 2 Hours After Benghazi attack (huffingtonpost.com)
- Obama: Benghazi deaths “not optimal”…Other News On Libya (truthfrequencyradio.com)
- White House Was Told Benghazi was a Terrorist Attack Two Hours Into the Battle (pjmedia.com)
- Emails: White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack (dailystar.com.lb)