These people are all so deeply invested in the electoral fortunes of teh Unicorn King they can’t even be bothered trying to hide it anymore… even when an ambassador of the United States lies dead on a slab:
If there ever were a doubt, no matter how small, that the mainstream media is deeply in bed with the Obama campaign, the reaction to the killing of the U.S. Ambassador to Libya and several other Americans should put such doubt to rest. Beginning early this morning, when news was just breaking, the left-blogosphere and mainstream media, led by MSNBC, has attempted to shift the focus from the Obama administration’s failure to protect our embassies and for its apologies (both before and after the attack on the Cairo Embassy) to whether Mitt Romney was wrong to criticize Obama last night.
No, I’m not kidding.
These bastards can only look at events through the myopic prism of the Presidential horse race; specifically, how this foreign policy crisis might affect their Chosen One’s chances to win re-election in November.
As we look around the today’s awful headlines, I can’t help but think that Mencken must be spinning in his grave to see statist-sympathies of the modern mainstream press, or marveling as they try to purposely re-write the timeline of a bad day in order to protect their quarterback and distract the public from serious questions about our governmental responses to the most recent crisis in the Middle East.
Roll over, Mencken, roll over in that grave.
Obama and Hillary appeared at the White House and issued boilerplate statements, then left without taking any questions. Mittens also appeared before the press, to expand on his initial statement from last night, and then took questions from the gathered press, who proceeded to beclown themselves:
1. Reporter brings up that Romney had a “toughly worded statement last night,” and asks, “Do you regret the tone at all given what we know now?”
4. “Some people have said that you jumped the gun a little bit in putting that statement out last night and that you should have waited until more details were available. Do you regret having that statement come out so early before we learned about all of the things that were happening?”
5. “If you had known last night that the ambassador had died, and obviously, I’m gathering you did not know . . . if you had known that the ambassador had died, would you have issued such a strongly-issued statement?”
The best part of them making an amusing collective ass of themselves? They coordinated their
attack beclownment before the press conference started, and it was caught on tape.
Journolist lives! (wheee!!!)
Over at Politico, a round-up of some Congressional GOP members’ statements regarding the attacks and the assassination of America’s ambassador to Libya, is titled: “Hill GOP leaves Romney out on limb on Libya.” They came to this conclusion because the members’ statements consisted solely of expressions of sadness and regret at the death of Ambassador Chris Stevens, and to remind America that there are dangerous people out there in the world who have no good will when it comes to Americans serving their country abroad. They did not use the somber occasion to take shots at Obama, so, ipso facto, they were running away from Romney.
The scary thing is, this is how these Beltway bubbleheads think; by not saying something, these GOP members were tacitly saying something….
Ooh, dog whistle!
These fuckers are craptastically, incorrigibly corrupt.
- Dead Ambassador dragged through streets, MSM furious at Romney criticism of Obama (legalinsurrection.com)
- U.S. ambassador to Libya killed after consulate in Benghazi stormed (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)
- Romney claims Obama sympathizes with attack on U.S. (blogs.ajc.com)
- Mitt Romney Speaks on Libya Attack: ‘America Will Not Tolerate Attacks Against Our Citizens’ (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Islamists Drag Dead Body of Us Ambassador Through the Streets! (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Libya Declares War on Us: U.s. Ambassador to Libya, 3 Others, Killed in Attack (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)